When you sign up for to participate in the Grazing Days grass-fed beef or pastured pork CSA, you will chose in which month(s) you would like to have your beef delivered between October and June. The deliveries will happen on two Saturdays every month. Customers living in certain parts of the city will receive beef on one of the two Saturdays, and the customers living in the remaining parts of the city will receive beef on the second Saturday. Once we have received all of our orders we will be able to be more precise as to which neighbourhoods will be delivering to on which Saturdays.
On average, Grazing Days makes about 60 deliveries on a Saturday. To help us streamline these deliveries and to make sure that you are home to receive your delivery, but don’t feel like you have to stay home all day waiting for us to show up, we have put together this process:
- 1. About 10 days before your scheduled delivery, Grazing Days will send out an email with a reminder of the delivery weekend. We will assign you to four hour time slot on the delivery Saturday. These approximate delivery times are based on the other deliveries that we will be making to your part of the city. We will verify your delivery address and delivery contact telephone number, plus we will let you know of any outstanding payments that you owe us. You will also receive information about items that you will be able to add onto your delivery such as bones, liver, etc.
- 2. You will have until the Monday evening, prior to your delivery weekend to let us know if your assigned delivery time works for you, if there are corrections to be made to the delivery address, and whether you would like to order any add-ons.
- 3. By the end of day Wednesday before the delivery weekend, Grazing Days will send you the 90 minute delivery window within which we will aim to be at your house with your delivery, and an invoice for the add-ons that you have ordered.
- 4. Grazing Days shows up at your house during the 90 minute delivery window, rings your doorbell and hands you your box-o-meat… The actual delivery only takes about 3 minutes.
Options if you cannot be home for your delivery
If your delivery time does not work for you, you have a number of options:
- If you or someone in your household will be home shortly after that time frame, place a cooler with some ice packs by your door and I will place your delivery inside the cooler. Please let me know if you are leaving a cooler by your door,
- Ask a neighbour, friend or family member to receive the delivery on your behalf. Send me their address and we will deliver it there (note if the alternative delivery address is not in your neighbourhood, the delivery time and date may not be the same),
- If neither of the above options works for you, please let me know and we will reschedule for another delivery time, or
- You are welcome to come to the farm in St.-André-Avellin, QC to pick up your beef order.
We will deliver to any address within the City of Ottawa or City of Gatineau city limits. For those people living outside of these city limits, you can either choose to have Grazing Days deliver your box of beef to a friend’s or family’s address within Ottawa or Gatineau or to pick up your box of beef at a specified address in Ottawa after the delivery weekend. This pick-up location has traditionally been in Centretown or the Glebe.