Are you ready for a peak at Grazing Days’ new farm?
With the summer winding down, we’ve been getting the farm ready for our (and our cow-calf herd’s) first winter here in Saint-André-Avellin. We’ve been looking forward to hosting our first Fall Open House here, and showing you what we’ve been working on since moving to the farm in May.
- What: Farm Open House and Potluck.
- Who: Everyone is welcome.
- When: On Saturday, 20 September 2014, from 3pm to 7pm, with a potluck at 5:30.
- Where: 567 Rang Ste-Julie Est, 4km outside of the town of Saint-André-Avellin, Québec. (Click here for a map).
- What: Together, we will take a walking tour of the Grazing Days/Aube aux champs farm and pastures. We will explore a pasture cross-section, and have some fun activities for all.
You will get a chance to see the infrastructure projects we’ve been working on, our two cattle herds, as well as how the cattle get moved to fresh grass every day and learn how this intensive rotational grazing system helps Grazing Days raise delicious grass-fed beef in a way that builds soil, sequesters carbon and rejuvenates aquifers.
- How: Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how many of you are coming.
- Please Bring: Rain gear, something warm to wear, sun screen, and comfortable closed toe shoes or rubber boots that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet. A dish to share with others at the potluck and your own plates, cutlery and cups.
Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday !
Josée et Paul.