Location: St-André-Avellin, QC, J0V 1W0
Duration: May 2022 – December 2022
Wage: $15 - $20 depending on experience.
Ferme Grazing Days Farm is seeking an individual who is able to work full time from May to December, who is hard working, motivated, interested in regenerative agriculture and believes in quality local food.
About the Farm:
Ferme Grazing Days Farm (www.grazingdays.ca) sells quality grass-fed (and finished) Angus beef, pastured pork and pastured chickens raised on the farm directly to families who live in and around Ottawa, Gatineau, and Montreal. We practice regenerative agricultural practices because we know that properly managed livestock improves the health of our soils, protects our streams, rivers and aquifers, sequesters carbon, and is an effective way to harvest solar energy. Grazing Days is owned and operated by Paul Slomp, Josée Cyr-Charlebois and their three young children.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Grazing, Herd and Flock Hand will spend most of their time looking after the needs of the cattle herd, the pig sounder and the chicken flock.
Specific tasks may include:
- Implementing the pasture and grazing plan.
- Observing the cattle herd, the pig sounder and the chicken flock
- Moving the livestock to fresh grass daily or several times a day
- Feeding Chickens and Pigs
- Monitoring and repairing/cleaning fences and water troughs
- Monitoring the health and wellbeing of the livestock
- Take photographs of the herd, grass, packed meats, etc. for social media
The Grazing, Herd and Flock Hand will be supervised and mentored directly by Paul Slomp, one of the owners of Grazing Days.
- Work fast and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with livestock
- Ability to work with a tractor an asset
- Construction experience an asset
- Be able to happily work with others
Ferme Grazing Days Farm practices employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
This job may be partially funded by a Federal Government youth employment grant and as such, preference may be given to candidates who are 30 years or younger at the start of this Job. If you are over 30 years old, we still encourage you to apply.
Apply with a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com as soon as possible.